(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Bloomington Grandmother

Please scroll down to view the "Gertrude Gaddis Price" post. It seems that when you start a post in Blogger and delay its actual publication, it posts on the original "creation" date; not the posting date. Always learning....

3 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Yes, I've always seen the resemblance as well. But I've also always thought you and Mom looked like sisters and she looked very different than Grandmother Price, so who knows.

As for blogger's quirks, I've always composed mine in Word and C&P'd for fear that something would happen to my internet connection mid-composition and I'd lose it all (which has happened >:( ).

1:22 PM  
Blogger sixty-five said...

She was a LOT older there - must have been about 87 I'm calculating. I should hope I look that well then! I can guarantee she never had a green smoothie, and very likely no wine either. She lived on peanuts and Tums.

5:20 PM  
Blogger nina said...

If you click on the bottom bar of the box in which you create a new post and/or save your post, you'll see the time and date magically appear. You can manipulate these to reflect whatever you want. I try to be honest in my postings, but I if I start a post late at night, for instance and publish it just after midnight, often times I will adjust the date to the time of actual writing.

In any case, you can make up your own rules. You cannot change the time on comments though. It's one thing that keeps you honest -- some people will put up a post with a future time and then they'll get a comment with a time that precedes it!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home