(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, March 15, 2010

A trick

What can't this iPhone do, anyhow? Well, WRITING, for one thing, is a little subpar. Oh, I'm plenty used to one-finger typing on the tiny keyboard, and the self-correcting that goes on is remarkable (it "learns" what you are apt to type, and sort of fixes things as you go along). Still, long blog posts aren't as apt to happen.

Unless... well here's something to try. I can type what I intend to say in an email on the clunky old laptop - just as I'm doing now. Then I can send it to myself and open it in the iPhone. This will be practically instantaneous. Then all I have to do is PASTE the text of the email into the iPhone blog software.

Tada!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Are you submitting a pre-order for an iPad is I type this comment in *my* clunky old laptop?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

On. Not in. On my clunky old laptop. Eesh.

9:20 AM  
Blogger sixty-five said...

No iPad for me YET; the flash issue is a deal-breaker.

9:34 AM  
Blogger David Peterka said...

Hi--
Sorry to post this in your comments section. I couldn't find a contact link on your blog...

I am promoting a new book on "Technology for Seniors" and am looking to get some feedback from the blogosphere. And because you have an iPhone, I've pegged you as someone interested in tech.

Would you be interested in receiving a review copy of the book? This is more of a reference book (think Idiot's Guide), but I've spiced it up with some humor. I think you'll enjoy it. (And if you don't, I want to hear that too.)

If you care to read it and send feedback, that would be great. If you just want to read it and share it with friends and family, that's great too.

If interested, can you send me a mailing address where I can send the book? I think you'll find it informative AND entertaining.
Thanks for your time and for your blog!
-David
(I've included my contact info below. Feel free to delete/reject this comment, as it doesn't really relate to your post.)

David Peterka
Conifer Books
david@coniferbooks.com
www.sleuthguides.com

1:57 PM  
Blogger Astuertz said...

This is precisely what's keeping the phones from swallowing the computer business as well, imo.

DailyCollegeStuff.Blogspot.Com

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home