(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, May 24, 2010

Time freeze

It's been almost 5 years since I started this blog. Do the math. I'm not sixty-five any more. But I'm still here! This year all of my college classmates are "celebrating" a Big Birthday. It's not an official reunion year, but we decided to take action. There was a party in Boston, and another smaller one in New York. I went to both of them. Some observations:

If you are married to a gazillionaire, subtract fifteen years from your real age.

We are survivors, those of us who remain. It's as simple as that. Many of us who didn't know each other 50 years ago feel close simply because of having shared those four years in the same place. I mentioned to one person: we (my roommates and I) were a little afraid of you and your roommates. You wore black. You went out in the night to mysterious destinations. She laughed. I suspect we will become closer.

For me, the Boston party was more about reconnecting with old friends. The New York party was more about making new ones. Good things, both.

2 Comments:

Blogger sukipoet said...

sounds like two fun reunions. you all are survivors for sure. too bad we all arent married to gazzilionairs. Is it too late?

7:48 PM  
Blogger nina said...

Happy celebrations!

...and two comments: I don't believe that statement about being married to gazzilionaires. I do not. (Though I do believe that having negative income adds years to your life.)

Second comment: I truly love your blogging. I hope you like it enough to come back to it more.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home