(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, September 15, 2008

Degrees of separation

1. David Foster Wallace's wikipedia entry states:

In The Top Ten (2006), a compilation of "top ten novels" lists by different writers, Wallace named C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters as his favorite novel.

2. I've forgotten the source (somewhere on youtube), but when Sarah Palin was asked about books, she claimed her favorite writer was C.S. Lewis.

What are we to make of this?

4 Comments:

Blogger sukipoet said...

I'm not sure what to make of it. But i must say that when in college I read The Screwtape Letters (why did I think in memory that it was non-fiction?). Obviously I remember nothing about it. I do like CS Lewis though he wouldnt be in my top ten or most favorite category. I am not particularly religious so don't know why I like reading in this vein. And have no idea if I'd enjoy him now.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Lynn Cohen said...

My children enjoyed "The Chronicles of Narnia" CS Lewis' fantasy work. Perhaps that and the theology books are what Pallin relates to.

8:57 PM  
Blogger joco said...

Hiya,

His writing has always made me uneasy. I never really bothered to find out why however.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good book?

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home