(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, February 19, 2007

Catching up


So, I finished the book. It has to go back to the library tomorrow. When I'm in the middle of something so intense it's hard to focus on anything else. Like blogging. I have also been intermittently watching the DVD of 24, Season Two. I'm not sure I'm going to bother with any more of it. Maybe it works better if you watch it once a week, as intended, but for me it's too violent and almost laughably predictable; the most innocent-looking characters turn out to be the most evil, and the most suspicious-looking ones turn out to be the good guys. Until they're not. Does anybody count the number of people Jack Bauer shoots in one day? And the times they say "You'll just have to trust me..."?


I don't want to lose blogging momentum, and I wanted to give you something to look at, so I'm showing you this recently made plate of vegetables topped with a poached egg. There are endless variations of this, suitable for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Very satisfying.
But it's not what I had today. I improvised a big wokful of fried rice with pork and shrimp that I didn't photograph, and then had a mad craving for chocolate cake, which I also didn't photograph. Just a small one. And I didn't eat the whole thing. Yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I stopped watching 24 during the 2nd season also. Although, I regret it because I hear that it's gotten a lot better now.

Those eggs look delicious!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Glad to see you back!

Glad you didn't post a picture of the chocolate cake. I've already pilfered enough of the kids' candy.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could use some chocolate cake right now. I wish one would just appear.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home