Catching up II
1. There's a great new sushi place on Broad Street.
2. We're getting a new Starbucks in the old Rite-Aid place, next to Bottle King. I'd prefer a Peet's, or something a little more unusual. But hey- am I not the one who complains endlessly about no cafes? And this will be an easy, easy walk for me.
3. I stayed an extra day in Boston in order to go (with G) to hear a panel discussion with Dave Eggers, Valentino Achak Deng and Samantha Powers (Pulitzer winning author of "A Problem from Hell"). It was in Harvard's beautiful Memorial Church, where I hadn't been in years, and the place was packed. Afterwards - a fine dinner at Harvest on Brattle St.
4. Movies! I've watched so many of them recently. I guess it's the Oscar thing; that time of year and all. Saw Notes on a Scandal with G in Newton. Excellent. Otherwise, all DVD's. Free from the library (or sometimes $1 for the newest). I've missed so many great ones over the years. Now I'm making a deliberate and concentrated effort to fill in some of the most egregious blanks. I'll single out some of the best in future posts.
5. Last weekend it was winter. Then came torrential rains. Now it's spring. Will it last?