(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, April 26, 2007

How it all started

The mention of the fallen tree the other day (see "hole") reminded me about how I got started with the whole gardening thing in the first place. Up until that time, we'd lived here for twenty years and gardening wasn't anything I knew or thought much about. We hired someone to mow and blow, and pretty much ignored the dull but entirely manageable landscaping we'd inherited (azaleas, rhododendrons, hollies and boxwood, for the most part). Shade was what we had.

The fallen tree suddenly and dramatically introduced the idea (and the reality) of "sunlight", which made me think that a little garden might be fun. Naturally I bit off way more than I could chew and things got a whole lot worse before they began to get better. But what fun I have had, and what I have learned in the process! Now, ironically, my focus and goal is to somehow get back to that blissful "manageable" stage.

This is the busiest time of the year, but I'll try to find time to take some photos of some of the different areas of what is now and will probably forever be a "work in progress".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home